Friday, July 22, 2011

deux: Wonderland

Holga
Fuji Neopan
Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah
July 2010

It almost breaks my heart to look at this photo. In fact, I think I left part of myself in this park a year ago... Wow. A year ago. Crazy how much life can change in that time. Or even in just a month, as I recently found out. Another thing I've recently found: Growing up is hard sometimes. You hold on to things that were. You wonder what's to come. But while it's all too easy to get caught up in the past and future, if you do, you tend to miss out on the most important part. The present.

Every once in awhile, I am not too sure about this state and find myself wondering what I am still doing here. But the answer, most honestly, is in the landscape. Idiosyncrasies aside, I am convinced that Utah is one of the most beautiful places on this planet and I feel grateful to have this world as my playground. Yet, outside of the natural beauty that surrounds us, I can't help but feel like something big is bubbling up here in SLC. You can feel the tension - and it's about to break. My only hope is that it's sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment