Wednesday, July 27, 2011

huit: Contrast

Diana F+
Fuji Neopan
Left image: Butterfly Lake in the Uinta Mountains
Right image: Downtown Salt Lake via the roof of the Walker Center
June 2009

Although Salt Lake isn't the biggest city ever, it possesses such a unique contrast between nature and the man made world. Not sure if enough people realize it, but I think you could easily say that it's surroundings make it one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

While I wish I could take full credit for the overlap of these two shots, I have to be perfectly honest and admit it was a complete accident. Probably just about the best accident I've ever had, though. 

Tim DeChristopher was sentenced to 2 years in jail yesterday. Apparently he deserves to lose that much of his life for trying to stand up for a piece of the most incredible landscape on Earth. I guess sometimes, justice just doesn't make sense.

My first semester at the U, a teacher that opened my eyes and changed my life forever quoted John Cage. It's a thought that has been in my head ever since, and certainly will be today. "I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones."

No comments:

Post a Comment