Wednesday, August 17, 2011

trente-trois: Au Revoir Ancien, Au Revoir Nouveau

Holga
Kodak Tri-X
Fillmore, Utah
June 2011

When I posted this photo on Flickr two months ago, this is what I wrote:

"Sold the VW Jetta that I've had since I was 16 for a Toyota Yaris last week. Tried not to be sentimental about it, but 7 years creates a lot of memories in a car. And I can't say that I wasn't sad to say goodbye. Lovin' the new car though. It definitely marks a new era in my life."

Well, I killed that new era Sunday night. (More on that two posts down.) Never really been in a legit car crash before. And never want to be again. My body still aches as if I were hit by a train. It's funny though. Despite the fact that I just bought my Yaris two months ago, I was already considering selling it and trying the sans-auto lifestyle for the first time since I was 16. Guess it's happening now.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment