Friday, August 19, 2011

trente-sept: What Frees You?

Holga
Fuji Provia
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
June 2010


"One cannot always tell what it is that keeps us shut in, confines us, seems to bury us, but still one feels certain barriers, certain gates, certain walls. Is all this imagination, fantasy? I do not think so. And then one asks: My God! Is it for long, is it forever, is it for eternity? Do you know what frees one from this captivity? It is very deep serious affection. Being friends, being brothers, love - that is what opens the prison by supreme power, by some magic force."

     -Vincent van Gogh   

School is on the horizon for me. And I am feeling so ready to be back up on that hill. It's been a nice break - don't get me wrong. A very nice, much needed vacation. But soon I will be immersed in Open Space Design, French and Environmental Literature. Three things that I absolutely adore. Who could ask for more?

No comments:

Post a Comment